Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Packrafting

is awesome. What's not quite so awesome is the aftermath! :) Addie's got a pretty massive cough/cold, and I'm not feeling on top of the world, but owell, life goes on! I love those 'vacations' where you need to get back to work to gain some rest. Work hard, Play hard; that's the Bedford motto!


Thinking about breaking out my guitar sometime soon. I have a trip heading up to Spokane tomorrow, where I'll be for about a week and a half, maybe more depending on progress on projects. When I get back it'd be nice to, as Lonnie continually suggests, "pick up a fun hobby!"

I've also recently dropped a tiny bit of money on a fly-reel, as I 'inherited' a fly-rod. Now I just have to sucker people into taking me out and showing me how its done... not to mention where!

rob

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes. And then you can get really good at packrafting and fly-fishing, and we'll eat rainbow trout all the live-long day.

    I'm going to miss you terribly while you're gone, you know. It will be a dizzying blend of exhilaration (no distractions!) and maddening loneliness. I've gotten used to having you around, mister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa whoa -- so ... yeah, that totally works. get that little woman of yers to start collecting trout recipest, cuz it's only downhill (downstream) from here, baby. what fly reel did you get? I hope you researched it so you didn't buy something that was too heavy. what? you didn't? dude, you gotta ask me these things first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its actually one that Big Blake bought and spent some good money on.. and I bought an inexpensive mid-sized reel at that sports place close to Target. THEN I read a book about flyfishing, so I'm an expert now. Even though I've never actually done it. yeah. /sad face

    ReplyDelete