Monday, February 9, 2009

Stuck!

I'm beginning to get the idea that the Toyota T100 I've been driving for the last month or so doesn't really like me. I spent my birthday trying to figure out what was wrong / what I could do, and trying to get ahold of people to check it out. As it was a Sunday, most people weren't working. I towed it into a local Billings place, Staley's, and they looked at it this AM and diagnosed it as something that'd be more involved than they would get into, but gave me a recommendation. I called up their recommendation and he's at least a week behind and recommended I call Toyota. Did THAT and they quoted $900 to $1000 to fix the timing chain. Ouch. The odd thing is, talking to dad, he says (and I've checked) that there ISN'T a timing CHAIN, its a BELT. I just called the Toyota guy back and told him i was sure it had a belt, and he quoted me an approx $400 fix. Better, but still an ouch.

Alright, so now its a case of waiting for JR to get back and we'll tow it to Toyota! Hopefully they can fix this in a couple hours and i'll be on the road either by tonight or early tomorrow.

As Calvin's dad would say, "Its character building time!"

/rob

1 comment:

  1. Character is overrated. I just want you HERE. Not so much THERE. ;)

    Guess I get some character too.

    ReplyDelete