Monday, October 26, 2009

First day

of training is complete! These are going to be some long hours, lemme tell ya. Its about an 8 to 7 shift, 5 days a week. More starting soon when we switch to +half day on Sunday. I'm still excited about the job though. A lot. I like the idea of "helping" more than "selling." I'm hoping to do a couple of the 'instructional' things tomorrow and 'job shadow' a couple of the guys on the floor.

I have a ton of stuff to learn, and only a small part of it is the products / models / features... most of it involves the questions to ask, the paperwork/program we use, the garnering of clientele... and the list goes on. Remembering to tell about warranties, cables, power management... Wheee!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am encouraged at how excited you are about this, with a good measure of apprehension to keep you on your toes. You're going to do GREAT for a number of reasons, not least of which because you're such a relational guy, and this is right up your alley.

    And watching you put on a tie and slacks cracks me up. You pull it off, but it's so far from your personality that it's like Halloween every day for you!

    ReplyDelete